For more information please contact Crescent Nursery School:
email@example.com or (905) 844 3432
At Crescent we believe that children learn by doing. Children are competent, capable, curious and full of potential. We provide children with a naturally stimulating environment that allows endless opportunities to play, learn and grow together in a safe environment, under close supervision of caring and responsive Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) who are engaging and supportive of every chld's learning, development, health, safety, nutrition and well-being. Our RECEs are co-learners, we seek opportunities to support all children through play, to help them progress towards develpmental goals. We expand on and follow each child's lead which helps them to gain interest and knowledge of the world around them. This time away from the familiar warmth of their own family life will provide reassuring experiences and help them to gain confidence in themselves and their world.
As educators we bring a variety of educational theories into the classroom. The most frequesntly used are Play Base with a Reggio Emilio flare. We feel strongly about providing the tools necessary for critical thinking, strategizing and communicating with their peers as well as the adults in their lives. Conflict resolution and problem solving are also encouraged through sharing, group activities and role playing. These skills help to reduce a child's frustration and allows us to maximize their learning experiences. The classroom provides ample opportunities for children to play, learn and grow together!
At each developmental stage the children will be exploring with age appropriate curriculum and learning in the areas of :
- Language and communication development, reading and writing skills, comprehension, rhyming and story telling. The Jolly Phonics Program is part of our curriculum. We emphasize books and stories of all kinds. Through small group activities we create and encourage opportunities for children to develop language and listening skills.
- Pre-math and math skills, measurement, estimation, sequencing and patterning, addition and subtraction.
- Science experiments, cooking, nature walks, theme oriented projects.
- Music and Arts, Music Together Program is part of our weekly curriculum. The children explore music through songs, dance and musical insturments.
- Social/Emotional education. We help children to identify emotions and providing them with the tools to express emotions in a positive acceptable ways.
- Creative and imaginative learning is developed in the settings we create and through the use of materials such as free collage, paint, sensory, daily planned
creative activity, blocks and play in the dramatic and life skills centre... and so much more!