For more information please contact Crescent Nursery School:
email@example.com or (905) 844 3432
As educators we bring a variety of educational theories into the classroom. The most frequently used are Play Base with a Reggio Emilio flare. We feel strongly
about providing the tools necessary for critical thinking, strategizing and communicating with their peers as well as the adults in their lives. Conflict resolution and problem solving are also
encouraged through sharing, group activities and role playing. These skills help to reduce a child’s frustration and allows us to maximize their learning experiences. The classroom
provides ample opportunities for children to play, learn and grow together!
At each developmental stage the children will be exploring with age appropriate curriculum and learning in the areas of :
- Language and communication development, reading and writing skills, comprehension, rhyming and story telling. The Jolly Phonics Program is part of our curriculum. We emphasize books and stories of all kinds. Through small group activities we create and encourage opportunities for children to develop language and listening skills.
- Pre-math and math skills, measurement, estimation, sequencing and patterning, addition and subtraction.
- Science experiments, cooking, nature walks, theme oriented projects.
- Music and Arts, Music Together Program is part of our weekly curriculum. The children explore music through songs, dance and musical insturments.
- Social/Emotional education. We help children to identify emotions and providing them with the tools to express emotions in a positive acceptable ways.
- Creative and imaginative learning is developed in the settings we create and through the use of materials such as free collage, paint, sensory, daily planned
creative activity, blocks and play in the dramatic and life skills centre... and so much more!
186 Morrison Road
Oakville, ON L6J 4J4
Phone: 905 844 3432
Monday - Friday 7:00-6:00